Monday, June 4, 2012

House Hunting

About 3 weeks ago Mc and I started our house hunting process.  We found a realtor and he's showed us 7 or 8 houses, and on Saturday we found one that I absolutely love.  It's a large house to accommodate our growing family and my need for lots of kitchen counter space  :)  and it has a good sized backyard for the kids to run around and to have fruit trees and a garden.  It's in a nice neighborhood with schools close by and the house is within our price range.  We sent in our offer last night and we'll know in the next couple of days if it was accepted or not.  There were at least a dozen viewings of that house on Saturday and I'm sure there were just as many yesterday, so we'll see how everything goes.

If we don't get the house I'll be so disappointed but we'll keep looking.  Now is the time for us to buy a house; the housing market is pretty much rock bottom right now; Mc has a good job that's in the same location every day as opposed to the public accounting firm he was with before which sent him to different clients all over the place.  Plus, the 2 bed/2 bath apartment we're currently in is no longer working for our family.  Our computers are in our bedroom so that Baby Girl can't get to them and so the living room is "family space".  But that means that when we're on our computers at night Little One can't sleep soundly; he needs his own room that we can keep dark and quiet for him.

It'll be nice when we finally get a house so I can get some sleep.  Between kids' different sleeping schedules and my thinking about the things we have to do for this house hunt, I am so tired but my mind can't shut off at night.  I need sleep!  Thankfully Mc's mother is here for the week and I've already gotten to catch up a little bit on sleep.  It's amazing how much of a difference just a little more sleep can make!

**UPDATE: at this time the house we're interested in has 15 offers!  :(  We'll see how it goes.**

5 comments:

Amanda Sue said...

FUN! I loved house hunting. Good luck and I hope they except your offer on the first try.

Anonymous said...

When trying to go to sleep close your right eye and keep your left open. It helps to sing a hymn or simply say really really slowly sleeeeeeeep, sleeeeeeeep, sleeeeeeeep. It seems to help me.

Marie said...

Good luck! I hope you get the house you want!

Becky said...

That is so exciting! Having a house makes all the difference in a living situation. I know all about having only two bedrooms. My kids share and it took 4 months to integrate them into the same room and get them both to fall asleep at night. Good luck! I hope you get it.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the house and getting more sleep!
~ Amy :)