Sunday, August 4, 2013

Brother's Wedding

Last weekend Mc and I went out to the East Coast for my brother's wedding.  We left the kids at home with Nana and they had a great time with her (and thank heaven they were good for her!).  Having our wills finalized really helped us feel good about leaving them while we went to the wedding, so that in case our plane crashed or we were killed by the crazy East Coast drivers (they're worse than Utah drivers, btw), the kids would be taken care of.

Just like with any trip there were some good things and some bad things that happened, but overall it was a decent trip, and of course it was worth it because it was for a wedding.  ;)

I'm so happy for my brother.  I only met his bride once before the wedding on a Skype call because they live on the East Coast and we're near the West, but I do know that my brother wasn't going to settle for someone just so he could be married.  So while I don't know her very well, I do know that he loves her and that she makes him very happy, and I am happy for them both!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for letting me come and take care of Jesse and Morgan. We had a great time. Love those kids! So glad you got a chance to get away together to attend your brother's wedding and see the East. It was a win/win for us all!

Becky said...

What? No pictures? Jipped! I am glad you went and came back safe... but I am wishing for pics.