The National Arboretum was a big disappointment. I thought there would be a lot of flowers and stuff, but this was pretty much all there was to see. It felt more like a state park than an arboretum.
The National Zoo. We only got to see part of it because Mc's ankle was still swollen from rolling his ankle in church basketball two weeks before. The Asian river otters were so cute and playful.
The gorilla enclosure made me sad. They had nothing to do, no greenery, and you could see the intelligence in their eyes and how bored out of their minds they were. This female was just sitting up there watching us watch her.
She eventually walked down the tree, climbed into this hammock, and laid down. I left after that, it reminded me of someone who is depressed and all they want to do is sleep, and I was too sad for her to watch anymore. We only had time to go to the lions and tigers after that, and they were nice, but the images of the gorillas' living conditions stayed with me and I was in a quiet mood for the rest of the zoo.
Me and Mc. I've lost a lot of weight since having my son, but I still have a long way to go. Ah well. My hair was really curly thanks to the humidity and that was nice. :D
The bride's parents, my new sister-in-law and my brother (he's in the Coast Guard), and my parents.
My brother and Mc.
Cutting the cake. The cake-bride has her foot popped behind her. :)
Groomsmen entertainment skit for the "king and queen" of the wedding (they gave my brother a Burger King crown). :) The skit was "Tae Kwon Leap", and Mc was the Tae Kwon Leap master. He's already booted one student to the head and he's about to boot the other. Mc could have done the actual kick if his ankle wasn't hurt, so they changed it a bit so they booted with their shoe instead. It was still really funny.
My bad, funky sunburn. The last time I got a bad sunburn was at my other brother's wedding. I have now added "sunscreen" to my list of things to pack when going on trips.
2 comments:
Yes!!!! Pictures!! Thank you for appeasing my request. Lisa you are looking really good! Oh and mike is ok looking too. Dc is a lot of fun. Too bad you couldnt stay longer and see more things. But the wedding looks like it was fun. Maybe i should have mike do a skit for the reunion too. He is so funny. I miss him.
Yeah, I like the idea of Mike doing a skit at the reunion. Love the pics Lisa. Thanks for posting them. Pictures make things seem more real. How are my sweet grandbabies? Give them hugs and kisses from Nana. I miss them.
Post a Comment