Saturday, August 4, 2012

Still No House

I'm really ticked off.  We were supposed to close on our house YESTERDAY and get the keys, but yesterday has come and gone and we are still keyless.  Apparently the paperwork is in the underwriting stage or something like that where the application has to be reviewed and then approved.  As of Thursday there was a stack of paperwork on the lender's desk that "just needs one more signature"... and that's the last we've heard.  They didn't update us at all yesterday so now we're just waiting.  And waiting.

Really I think this gal just doesn't know what she's doing.  A few weeks ago Mc had sent her some files in a zip folder but apparently she can't receive zip folders... but she didn't tell him that.  Mc had to call her after not hearing from her for a whole weekend and that's when she told him the problem.  So that day he resent the documents in a few emails... and then a day or two later she contacted him and said she didn't receive a couple of things.  He thinks she just didn't scroll down far enough in her inbox, because he did send her everything she needed.  Today I asked him if he could complain to her superior about her, but he said he thinks she's the vice president of the company (it must be a very small company) and so complaining to the president probably won't do any good.  I swear we have to babysit this girl to make sure she gets things done.

This is TWICE now that we've had to push back our closing date.  Neither we nor the seller are happy about this.  I've been packing up our apartment and that's going well, but Mc and I are both feeling the stress and frustration of still not having the house.  We can't buy the appliances we'll need because we have no place to put them. I can't paint the walls and give the house time to air out before we move in, so the place will likely smell of paint fumes when we move in.  I can't give the Post Office notice of when to switch our address because I don't know when we'll actually be able to move in.  This is month-end for Mc at his job but he can't tell his boss when he'll have to take a half-day to sign all the paperwork for the house because we don't know when that will be.  But the main thing is that the lease for apartment ends on the 17th.  That's two Fridays from now before we HAVE to be out of here.  I think we'll be in the house by then, but we have things to do in the house before we move and I'm not sure we'll have time for that.

There's just a lot of crap to deal with on our end and not enough crap going on on the lender's end.  This slacker seriously needs to quit dragging her heels on this and get it done!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Wow. That is so frustrating! I hope that they get their act together and get this wrapped up asap. Our prayers are with you.

Marie said...

So frustrating! We have been trying to refinance our properties for 3 months now and our lender just keeps pushing it back. I don't know why things in that industry are so flakey!

Becky said...

Lans! Why does buying a house have to be that dramatic? And how hard is it to stick to a deadline like a closing date? Sounds like the title company you are using is lame.

I hope things resolve and you are able to close soon.