Sunday, August 19, 2012

One Week Later

A week ago on Saturday we moved into our first house and I can already see a huge improvement in our lives.  Little One is sleeping better during the day because he's downstairs in his room and Baby Girl is upstairs doing her thing.  Mc is leaving the house earlier in the morning so he can miss the rush-hour traffic and so he's coming home earlier and spending more time with us.  Baby Girl has more room to run around and she badly needed it.

It was nice filling and organizing our pantry and the kids rooms, but the thing I've been most excited about is being able to unpack all of our books.  We've kept the books we have because we like them and we'll read them again, and it made me happy to see them all on display in our bookcase, ready to be read again.  I really miss reading.  But with two kids to tend to and a house that needs to be cleaned and organized I feel like I don't have the time.  I've tried to read while the kids were awake a couple of times, but Baby Girl comes up to me and points to the book and says, "Whatssat?" and she tries to take the book and look at it.  It's a losing battle.

I'm excited about our yard.  It's huge.  There's a lot of grass to mow but I'm so happy that we have so much space for the kids to run around and that I can plant a garden and fruit trees.  I took Baby Girl outside the other day while I watered the lawn:

She liked the sprinkler.

The house is suiting our family very well.  And once the weather drops below 90 degrees we can enjoy the backyard, too.  There is still quite a lot to do around here; we're about 85% unpacked and it's coming along slowly but we're getting there.  This doesn't mean our house is clean.  With two little kids that's impossible and rather impractical, but most everything is out of boxes and has its place and that is what I want.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Houses are awesome! Reading IS challenging with kids. I usually end up reading while the kids play with toys or play in the backyard. I'm so glad you are in your house!

Stacy Christensen said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your house! I hope Cole and I will be able to come down and see it at some point this year. But even if we can't, I don't think you'll be moving any time soon :-) I'm really excited for you Isa!!

Marie said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Having your own house is the best! You should post some pictures of your house.

Laura said...

You are already 85% unpacked? I'm impressed! So happy you are finally in your home, the kids have more room to run around and play, and you have space to find a place for everything that you own. Nice grass in the backyard. When you get everything organized, please post some pictures of your house. I can't wait to see it. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you're all so happy with the house! Morgan looks so cute! :)
~ Amy

Anonymous said...

All it takes is water! It took me two houses to figure that out! We are happy that you are happy,Lisa! Morgan looks great learning about the sprinkler. I hope you have video of these days-they'll never come again.
Love, Mom~

Becky said...

Wants more pictures of those cute kiddos!