Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Better House News

This past Monday the second appraisal on the house was completed and we found out that the value of the house is $2,000 higher than the first appraisal estimated, so there's no problem with the seller backing out of the contract.  The seller agreed to continue with the sale and we're on track to close on or before August 3.  In less than two weeks we'll have our first house!

One of my sisters got to see the house yesterday and she sees how good the house will be for our family.  I'm not getting too excited yet because the deal still isn't complete and there's still a chance that something could go wrong, but there is a huge weight off my shoulders because now I don't have to worry about finding another house or about extending our lease at our current apartment (or finding another apartment to live in).  I can resume picturing myself and our family living in this house and decorating it and such.  This makes the stresses of living in a crowded apartment more bearable since the end is in sight.  I am happy.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! So exciting! So jealous that you could have a house so soon.

Becky said...

That is wonderful that the house appraised for even more. Take that mortgage company!

I'm glad you will soon be in your new house!

Marie said...

Hooray! It's meant to be!

Stacy Christensen said...

That is such good news Lisa! Hopefully everything will go through as planned from this point on :-) I love you!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it decorated and all set up the way you two want :)
~ Amy