We have it! We finally have the keys to our house!
It feels like it's taken a long time to get it, but really it's only been about 2 months. That wasn't bad compared to what it would have been if this was a short sale or a foreclosure.
Both Mc and I are SO ready to be in a house. Here is what our 2-bedroom apartment is like:
-- The living room is also a dining room, a kitchen, and Little One's room
-- Our bedroom is also our computer room and library.
-- Our walk-in closet is also our office and storage room.
-- Our laundry room also houses our stroller, our vacuum, and our bird when he's being loud and the kids are sleeping.
Really the only rooms that don't double as other rooms are the bathrooms and Baby Girl's room. But in our house every room will have one purpose, and we can unpack everything! No more boxes! We've had things in boxes ever since we got married 4 1/2 years ago, but now there will be room for everything.
I'm very happy, not only for the extra space but also because it's OURS. We can do what we want with it (within code and legality, of course). We can paint it whatever color we want; we can plant gardens and buy patio furniture or other yard accessories; we can change light fixtures and ceiling fans; anything really to make it ours. I think Mc probably thinks I'm a little nuts about this whole decorating thing, but it's something I really like and I get excited about it. And I know he's excited about our house, too.
P.S. If you want our new address, give Mc or me a call and we can give it to you. Our phone numbers are the same.
7 comments:
Congratulations! Decorating you home of your own the way you want it is every woman's dream. :) We too had issues with getting in to our house and were even homeless (driving from my parents' house every day) for about a month. To get through that difficult time, I would day dream of how I would decorate every room in our new place. It is then so much fun to actually see the finished product of what has been only picture in your mind for so long. :) And yes, the husbands will never fully understand this need for a woman to "nest." They just are concerned about how much it is going to cost.
Anyway, congrats and I can't wait to see what you do with your new home. :)
Yay yay yay yay yay! Oh my goodness. So exciting! Congrats! So happy for you guys. At least 2 more months until we have our house. It feels like a century. But then we'll both have houses! and we ca nvisit each other and have room for all of us. Huzzah!
Hooray! That's the best feeling! And decorating and organizing your new house is the best part!
Yay! It has finally happened! Congratulations.
Whoopee! I am so happy that you have finally closed and are homeowners. Will you have time to paint and do the other things you wanted to do before you move in? I am so happy for you!
Yay! Yay!
~ Amy
sorry, meant to say congrats a long time ago! And I'm SOOOOO glad you do this blog, Lisa! You're the best! Have fun with your new house, and all the DeCoRaTiNg!
Post a Comment