When you're a nursing mother, it's just a bother to put on clothes... at least the tops. I told Mc that something I'm looking forward to about moving out of this place is that in our own house I can walk around in my underwear if I want to. He looked at me kinda funny but he knows I don't always like to walk around fully clothed, so he understands. Being fully clothed just feels so formal sometimes, especially when I've got a kid attached to me who needs to breastfeed every 2-3 hours. Our current apartment is on the ground floor and the windows face a big parking lot; so if it's a nice day like it was today and the blinds and windows are open, people walking by can look in and possibly see me in my all-together. I put on a shirt just so people walking by can't see me "indecently" dressed, but I'm really looking forward to the time when I won't have to worry about that.
Today, Little One is 1 month old. He's grown so much; he outgrew the NB-sized clothing weeks ago and he's fitting into his 0-3 month clothing nicely. He also didn't lose any of his hair; he still has a full head of dark brown hair (that's from my side of the family, for sure). He's such a sweet baby and we love him so much. He's about 90% over his cold so he's sleeping better and eating better as well which makes me happy. Baby Girl is also pretty much over her cold (she shared it with Little One last week) so she's feeling better as well.
Here's a picture of Little One I took today:
He smiles a lot but I haven't been able to get a picture of it. When I do I'll post it.
9 comments:
I can't believe how cute Jesse is. OK, yes I can. Look at Morgan! I'm glad to hear that the kids are getting over their colds. I am almost done with Jesse's quilt. You will be seeing it soon. When you said "a house of your own", does that mean that you have been looking at houses?
What a cutie! I bet if you lived in Africa you could walk around without any clothes on. But please don't move to Africa.
Ahhhh! Jesse is so cute! my gosh, he has more hair than Mark I think...and Mark is in need of a haircut. I know what you mean about nursing. It's such a pain to have a million layers on that you have to roll up, peel down, or push aside just to give your baby some food.
What a handsome baby boy <3
~ Amy
What a handsome boy! Kids always seem to share colds. If only they were as good at sharing toys. Getting a fence was one of my favorite things because then people on the street couldn't see into my house while I was nursing the baby. I understand your no top frustrations.
I can't stop looking at his picture! He's so handsome, and I think he looks kind of grown up already!
~Amy
It's all the hair that makes him look grown up. :) I'll probably give him a hair cut in a month or so.
We haven't started looking at houses yet but we're planning to start that near the end of this year. In the meantime we're saving up more money.
And don't worry, Marie, if we move out of country it'll be to New Zealand. :D
No, its not his hair that makes him seem grown up. I think its his expression :)
~ Amy
Okay, I have to stop looking at pictures of your children. I am already baby hungry enough as it is. :-D
Post a Comment