Every day our apartment smells like vomit. Little One throws up at least once a day, with multiple spit-ups throughout the day as well. Either we hold him too crunched, or we bounce him too much, or we don't get enough burps out of him after a meal before laying him down to sleep, or we lay him down flat on his back, or we lay him on his side, or we let him fall asleep for too long in the baby swing... any given day it's a different reason and I'm getting really tired of seeing my precious milk outside of his stomach and all over the place.
I feel like I'm supposed to know beforehand what will make him throw up and then prevent it. Every time it happens I feel stupid, like I should have known that would happen. I'm glad and grateful that people have given us so many little boy clothes because I had no idea we would go through so many outfits in one day, and I don't know at what age this throwing up will cease. Baby Girl never had this problem; she's thrown up 7, maybe 8 times in her whole life so far. I'm still going to clean him up and wash clothes and other things that he throws up on, but when will this end?!
9 comments:
Does the doctor say anything about his throwing up? Does he throw up a lot or a little each time? Is he gaining weight? His throwing up isn't a reflection on you and it's not your fault. There may be a medical reason for it or it may just be that he's a baby that spits up a lot and he will grow out of it.
Nicole went through this and we feared pyloric stenosis, but it wasn't, she just had acid reflux. The doctor can prescribe something to help with it so the acid doesn't bother him as much.
It is a pain, I know, and it feels like it will never end. She actually started spitting up and throwing up less when she started on solids. It really helped calm her belly. And, I changed my diet so my milk would be nice and neutral for her. No spicy or garlicy foods.
It will pass!
Poor Leese,
It will certainly pass. Give it a couple of months. His little belly will figure out what to do with his meal, and he'll settle down. A good idea to check with his Doc, though, just in case it's something that can be helped. He did start out that way, so it would be good to check out. And yes, do not worry, it has nothing to do with you (most likely), but you could try to change your diet and see if that helps. Good ideas here! It's been a while for me...
Love you! Mom~
I'm not really "anonymous" but it's the only way I could post this...sorry! And I meant to say tht Jesse did NOT start out that way, so it would be good to as the Dr.
Mom~
Dang! Next time I'll check my spelling too! >:(
Mom~
Don't worry, Mom. I'm "anonymous" too.
Good luck girly, just be patient! :)
I think the key is if he's gaining enough weight. That means he's getting enough nutrients for healthy growth. Yes, I'm sure it's getting tiring needed to clean up so much and the smell...hang in there, it'll pass.
~ Amy
I'm sorry Piecey! I had the scene from 3 men and a baby come to mind when Tom is in the store trying to buy the right formula. "What happens if they're allergic to it??" "They'll throw up all over you! But they'll throw it up all over you even if they're not allergic to it." Morgan not getting sick, or ever spitting up was a blessing, and unfortunately Jesse is the opposite. Going to see a doctor is probably the best thing to do. You'll be able to get through it. I love you!!!
Jack had the same problem! He would throw up and spit up. He would also wake up as soon as we laid him down. We saw the doctor and he prescribed something that REALLY helped. We also bought the newborn boppy lounger for him to sleep in so he could be propped up a little bit. It worked wonderfully. Best of luck. There is nothing worse than seeing your baby uncomfortable.
Wow, I just read this. It reminds me of our apartment in Provo when Connor was age Birth til when we moved out. We went through a lot of Febreeze, I can tell you that. Invest in Febreeze!
Post a Comment