We have a baby boy! Had him two weeks ago. I will refer to him on the blog as Little One.
He was 2-and-a-half weeks early but he was very ready to be born. I was in labor for about 3 hours before he was born. Did it VBAC, all natural, too (didn't have time to take any pain killers even if I wanted to; I was at the hospital for only about half an hour before he was born. He was eager to see us face-to-face, I guess. :) ). The pain wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It hurt more with Baby Girl, being induced and all. I don't blame people at all for getting drugged up during labor, especially since they're usually in labor for much longer than I was.
Little One is healthy. He weighed over 8 lbs and had a full head of hair just like his sister. He was 20-something inches, average I think.
He has such a quiet personality; very patient, hardly ever cries. I can already see differences between him and his sister when she was this age. My babies are growing up so fast! *sob*
Mc only had 5 days for paternity leave but it was better than nothing, and my mom was here for two weeks to help us while I recovered and to help us adjust to going from one child to meeting two children's needs. It was nice having her here and I know Baby Girl will miss her. My dad was able to come down here this weekend and see his new grandson and spend time with all of us. Our two kids are my parents' only grandchildren so far, and my parents love them both. They were sad to leave.
This will be a difficult couple of months for me because Little One and Baby Girl have such different needs and Baby Girl is adjusting to having something else take up so much of Mommy's time and attention. It's been rough for her so far, and my mom could tell that Baby Girl misses me. She also does not have the understanding or muscle control to be gentle with him yet so I have to keep her away from him for the most part. She'll learn soon enough, I think.
I'm glad I got so much preparation done the weekend before he was born, because I was totally not expecting to go into labor so soon. I guess when those "nesting instincts" kick in it's a good idea to do something with all that energy.
Here are a couple of pictures:
6 comments:
So cute!!! Congrats to the both of You! Morgan will figure it out in time. She will learn to love being a big sister. I cant wait to see him in person!
He is super cute, just like his sister! And good for you going natural! I wish my natural labor had only taken 3 hours! I'm glad you didn't have to have another c-section.
And I think he looks like Mike. Lisa's hair and Mike's face.
He is absolutely adorable! I see Mike and Lisa in his cute little face. You two sure make cute babies. I'm so glad that your mom could be there to help you. There definitely is an adjustment when you have 2 kids to take care of. For me I think it was the biggest adjustment. After that, what was one more kid to juggle into the mix. You will get the hang of it and as Morgan grows, she will love being a big sister to Jesse. So glad you could have him natural. I did all 7 of mine that way.
Oh my goodness! Look at all that black hair! He is so cute Lisa. Going to two kids IS a really hard transition and sometimes you feel like new baby is getting more attention that toddler, but it eventually balances out. I found that the hardest part was finding time to take care of myself. Matt feels the same since he is the one home with the kids all day. Just enjoy your time with your precious children while they are in this young age. It flies by so fast!
Congradulations!
Aw! So cute <3
I love you all :)
Anonymous Amy
Post a Comment