Saturday, October 1, 2016

Autumn Decorations

     I'm so late on posting about my Autumn decorations.  My grandfather died just over a week ago, so since then I've been dealing with the news of his death and then I was in California for most of this past week for his funeral and to spend time with my family.  But on Sept. 22 I did change around my dishes and shower curtain, and here are the pictures.  My final set of seasonal decorations.

 Dinner plate, salad plate, cereal/soup bowl, and cup.

The mini loaf pan.

The recipe I use for pumpkin bread to make into mini loaves.  You could probably switch out the olive oil for vegetable oil if you don't like that distinctive olive oil taste in the bread, and I usually put in a little less nutmeg and allspice and a little more cinnamon.  The kids love it.

Shower curtain.  This is the other one that I bought for our house back in Arizona and I kept it (the other one was the Spring shower curtain).

     Now that I'm back from California, I'll make some pumpkin bread and I'll take a picture of how those turned out.  Fall is an enjoyable season for me.  The sun is still warm but the air is getting cooler, and there's something about the harvest season that I love; I'm not exactly sure what that something is, but it makes this time of year special for me.

     I'm making slow progress on our backyard.  Our yard waste pick-up only happens every other week, so it's annoying that I get into the groove of yard work and then I have to stop for a long time because the barrel is too full.  I'll post pictures of the backyard again once I've taken out the rest of the plants I don't want.

     I hope you all have a wonderful Autumn season!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Good for you for doing seasonal decorations! I don't. I'm lame. I have like one decoration for each holiday and that's about it.

Laura said...

I love your plates! And, like you, I love autumn too. The air is brisk, clean and smells of leaves. The colors are vibrant and beautiful. And I'm not always hot and sweaty like in the summer. Your pumpkin bread recipe looks yummy. Thanks for sharing it.