Thursday, February 12, 2015

Little One's 3rd Birthday

     This past weekend was Little One's third birthday.  It feels like he's been 2 forever, and yet he looks like he's been 3 forever.  ;)  We had his 3-year well-visit on Friday and he's in the 96th percentile for height and over 99th percentile for weight.  He's a big, solid kid!  I wouldn't be surprised if he grows up to be taller than Mc!  :)

     My parents came into town Friday night and we had Little One's birthday dinner.  We were going to go to Red Robin again like last year but it was a 40-minute wait, so we went to a restaurant down the street instead.  I forgot my camera but it was uneventful.  ;)  The food was pretty good.

     Saturday morning I had my last motorcycle class and I passed the riding test (and I aced the written test), so I went straight to the Department of Licensing and got my motorcycle endorsement!  But that meant that I had the car in the morning, so we had the afternoon to do birthday stuff.

     Usually on Saturdays we go to the Children's Museum a few cities up the freeway, but for a birthday treat we went to a fun place up the road where they have trampolines and a big climbing area.

Mc, Baby Girl, and Little One on the trampolines.


Little One entering the huge play area.

He loved the ball pit area.

My mom is taking a picture of him as he's jumping into the ball pit.

Baby Girl climbing through the tubes.

     That place is expensive and it was SO CROWDED!  Not only was it a Saturday afternoon but it was also raining outside, so rather than taking their kids to the park, parents just brought them here.  Our kids still had fun though, and it's a good birthday treat.

After a pizza dinner we opened presents and then had his birthday cheesecake.

The small pile of presents.
Baby Girl helped with the smallest one (it was a Winnie the Pooh DVD).

Winnie the Pooh nightlight.

He LOVED this present.  That's Peep, Chirp, and Quack
from his favorite TV show "Peep and the Big Wide World".

Baby Girl liked them, too.
Oh, and I got him some new clothes too, and that green sweater is one of them.
He wanted to wear it, so I obliged.

Another toy he loved.  This was from one of my sisters:
they are trucks with geometric shapes inside that you can fit together.

When he saw the lit candles, he climbed onto the table to blow them out.
That was a funny moment.

Look at that: a perfectly good piece of cheesecake in front of him
and he'd rather play with the shapes.  That's our boy.  :)

     My other sister and her husband sang Happy Birthday to him on my voicemail, and Nana and Pappy sent him a cute birthday card.  It was a nice birthday, one that he'll never remember but we will.  ;)  Happy Birthday, Little One!

2 comments:

Laura said...

We couldn't be there to see him celebrate, but your blog helps us to feel like we were. Thanks for blogging about his birthday. He is adorable and growing so fast. We love you all.

Anonymous said...

Glad he likes those trucks I sent :) Hope he has lots of fun figuring them out.

~Amy