I feel like I've been writing about myself too much lately, so here's a post about our little family. Overall we're doing well.
Mc is still working hard at Amazon; he makes good money and he's helping the company sort out a lot of its issues, but the company has quite a few internal problems, and Mc feels like there's only so much he can do. He's going to stick it out for a few more months at least so he'll have been at Amazon for at least one year, but soon he'll be looking into other jobs elsewhere; a lot of that is because I don't want to live in Washington anymore (I'll write about that in another post), but Mc also knows that he doesn't want to work at Amazon for a long time. He plays D&D with a small group of guys about once a month, and I'm glad he gets that guy-time doing something he likes. He had the kids to himself this past weekend during the day while I went to my motorcycle riding course, and I think they had fun together. It was raining and so without a car there was only so much they could do, but the kids seemed happy when I got home and I knew they were in good hands.
I had a motorcycle basic riding course this past weekend, and it was fun but rough. I might write a post about my motorcycle stuff later, we'll see. But at the end of those two days I was physically and mentally exhausted, and on top of that I'm still trying to find that perfect balance of sleep. I'm constantly getting too little sleep or when I do catch up on sleep I get too much of it, so I'm constantly groggy and I get headaches easily. But I'll have to get used to a more rigid morning schedule because as soon as Little One turns three years old he will start attending a program for kids who need developmental help. I'm still not a morning person but maybe that will change when I have no choice in the matter.
Little One is improving; he copies everything we say and I can tell he's understanding the meaning of more words. He is now using small phrases to convey what he wants, and it's great to see him improving that way. He's still an active little boy and he still likes to explore with his hands. He lashes out physically when he's upset with something because he still doesn't know how to use words to express frustration, so we're working on that. This program he's going into next month will help him with communication skills as well as getting him used to interacting with kids his own age in a school setting. I don't know all the details yet as far as how many days a week and for how many hours, but he had a play date there last week and I have a good feeling about the school.
Baby Girl is still doing fantastic. She loves school and she's made friends and she's learning. Sometimes she's really cranky after school and for about a week I couldn't figure out why; but then I learned that on those days I need to take them to the park right after school so she
can have the freedom to get more energy out without grownups telling
her what to do all the time. She is happier at home now that Little One actively plays with her, and he initiates playing with her as well. She's a caring sister and she usually recognizes what her brother wants when he's trying to say something. She's reading already; she's a bright little girl and I'm proud of her. She asks me questions all the time and I always answer honestly and at her level, and even if I can't see her, like if we're driving in the car at the time, I can tell she's soaking it in.
So yeah, that's pretty much it. A few new things here and there but for the most part we're just hanging out and doing our thing.
2 comments:
Sounds like you're all doing well! I miss you guys. I'd still LOVE to visit sometime!!!
~Amy
Love to hear how you are all doing. Even with the rain, I hope that you were able to get some good motorcycle training. Your idea of going to the park after school so the kids can run around and get some energy out is a great one. Kids need that. You have beautiful children. I miss you all.
Post a Comment