For the past week my body has decided that 3:30 AM is a fun time to wake up and start my day. For the first couple of days I tried to stay in bed and fall back asleep, only to lie there awake for hours. So for the past couple of days I've just given up and gotten up to do something else since I know I won't be falling back asleep anytime soon.
Yes, I'm a night person, and yes, I do need more personal time to myself, and so for those reasons I'm not completely dying here, but I really would rather be asleep, ya know? Especially since I have kids who are awake during the day and so I need to be awake as well. I want to be happy and patient with my kids, but it's so much harder to be that when I'm tired, and lately I'm tired all the time. I'm not as young as I used to be-- I can't get through my days on 4 hours of sleep anymore, it just doesn't happen.
I'm going to take this weekend to jar my body back onto a normal sleeping schedule; it'll be hard and I'll be cranky, but it's gotta be done. Because really, a 3:30 AM start to the day is unacceptable for a stay-at-home mom with two young kids.
1 comment:
I agree! All the best, Lease. Yoga (daily) WILL help, and you might try a mild, natural sleep aid, and try to stick to a 10:00 pm sleep time.
The Sleep aid will not "knock" you out, but help to relax your mind that will allow you to drop off naturally. Call me for a recommendation if you're interested.
I love you!
Mom~
Post a Comment