Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Free Time At Last

In my last post I mentioned that the only free time I get to myself is on Sunday mornings when Mc and Baby Girl are at church and Little One is taking his morning nap here at home.  Well a couple of days after posting that, Little One dropped his morning nap.  ;)   While that means I no longer have time to myself on Sunday mornings, I DO get time to myself every afternoon because now he's going down for a nap at the same time as his sister.  So that's about 2 hours each day that I can do whatever I want as long as it's quiet.

And let me just say, it is SO nice to have time to myself in a quiet house.  I feel like I can actually relax.  Not that watching kids is stressful all the time, and while it can be a fun and loving time for us, I need "adult" time.  Anyone who is or has been a parent of small children will know what I'm talking about.  ;)

This also means that when Little One turns 18 months old in about a month, I can take him to church and he can go to nursery-- because he won't be missing his morning nap-- and I can go to classes and see what they have to teach and how I feel when I'm there.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Kids taking naps at the same time is the BEST!!! Monson will sometimes nap during Damon's nap, but not for as long.

Laura said...

It is so nice when kids nap at the same time. I used to love naptime so that I could have a few minutes to myself. It gives you time to regroup, relax and get ready for the next round or kidtime. It also helped me to enjoy the time I spent with the kids more. Hooray for naptime!