Our symptoms continued for more than 7 days, so we got both kids and myself tested so we could find out what was making us sick and why it was lingering. All tests for the kids came back negative, so whatever they had in their systems has finally gone. I was negative for things as well, but I did find out I'm borderline anaemic. Just gotta start taking iron supplements, but other than that I'm fine as well.
We still don't know for sure what was making us sick, so I'm still going with my original guess of salmonella.
Nothing exciting going on here, just doing our thing.
Little One is learning his letters, and thanks to "The Letter Factory" he's learning the sounds that the letters make before he's learning what the letters are called. He's also getting more teeth and he's able to eat tougher foods. He loves to chase his sister and play with toys. He's also becoming more interested in books, looking at the pictures instead of just chewing on the books.
Baby Girl's new favorite movie is Fantasia; she likes the dancing mushrooms the best. :) I'm also teaching her to identify emotions and why the person is feeling them. For example, when I'm watching Wall-E with her, she's able to tell me things like, "Wall-E is scared because he doesn't know what that is," when the rocket first lands and drops off Eve, and "Eva is happy because Wall-E is all better," when Eve is able to fix him at the end of the movie. She's also learning to tell me things about herself like, "I'm crying because I bumped my head," and "My tummy hurts because I'm hungry," (when we were all sick I had to teach her the difference between her tummy hurting because she was hungry or because she was going to throw up). She's learning, and I'm proud of her and I'm happy that we are able to communicate so well with each other. I haven't experienced much of the "terrible two's" with her, and I think that's largely because she's able to tell me what she wants and she doesn't have frustrations of not being able to communicate what she wants or feels. She still fusses when she doesn't get her way, but that's unavoidable. ;)
We're staying indoors now because it's been averaging 110 degrees during the day for the past month or so. But it's still cool in the mornings-- around 80 degrees-- so I can at least open up the windows to get some fresh air for a couple of hours.
Little One still needs his morning nap, so I still won't be going to church until he is 18 months old and can to go to nursery AND he has dropped his morning nap; when that happens I can actually go to classes and not spend all of church watching him tiredly walk around the halls. Until then, it's not fair to Little One to make him miss his morning nap for nothing, and it's a waste of our time.
To be honest, I like the few hours I get to myself on those Sunday mornings. Mc and Baby Girl are at church and Little One is asleep, so I can clean parts of the house or relax at my computer or take a nap myself. Since the kids still alternate nap-times, I don't get time to myself during the week unless I ignore one of them (Little One is down for his morning nap and Baby Girl is upstairs watching Fantasia). People relax and rejuvenate in different ways, and what I need is time to myself in a quiet environment. Sunday mornings seem to be my only time for that lately, so I'm going to enjoy it while I have it.
Over all, we're doing well. My brother is getting married next month and we're excited to see him and to spend time with my side of the family. The last time we were all together was for my sister's wedding about a year and a half ago, but that's what happens when we're spread out over 4 different states. It should be a fun time.
2 comments:
It's fun to hear the news of the kids, how they are learning. It is great when communication is easier! Good job!
Glad everyone is better. That was a LONG 7 days!
Looking forward to seeing you and Mike, but it's too bad the kids won't be there, everyone was looking forward to seeing them too.
Well, take care!
Love, Mom~
So glad that you are all finally better. They had an outbreak of ecoli in the water system for a few days here in Utah county. I think that one of my neices was a victim. Throwing up and being nauseated is the worst. Can't wait to see those sweet kids and how much they have grown and are learning. You are good parents and we are grateful that you are raising our grandkids.
Post a Comment