Mc and I have started a workout routine together: it's Beachbody's "INSANITY" workout DVDs. This is our third day and we are so sore! But it's the good kind of sore where your muscles are getting used to a new workout. Mc, of course, is doing better than I am with the workouts; he can do at least some of each set of moves, whereas there are some moves that I know I cannot do without hurting myself. The DVDs say to go at your own pace, and I can do the majority of these moves moderately, but it'll take time before I can even attempt a few of them. We're both definitely getting a workout.
There are 2 parts to the program: the workouts and the food. We're cutting highly processed foods out of our diets and we're calorie counting. We're still doing the Bountiful Basket thing so we're getting a huge box of fresh produce every 2 weeks which will help us eat healthier. I can already tell my muscles are getting stronger from the workouts, and I'm hungrier during the day so that tells me that my metabolism has already increased a little bit. 90% of what we feed Baby Girl is healthy food (the other 10% is the occasional sip of milkshake or the occasional steak fry at Red Robin). Now, my new food philosophy is a simple one: if I wouldn't feed it to my kids, I shouldn't be eating it either. *sigh* goodbye brownies.
The program is a 60-day program and we're keeping track of all our stats to see how much we improve each week. We're excited and motivated to be doing this.
6 comments:
Wow! I am so proud of you two. You may even inspire me. Keep up the good work and keep us posted. By the way, loved the pictures of the kids. Keep them coming.
Getting healthy is always good. It is nice that the two of you are able to do this together.
I can't tell you how excited we are for you and Mike to be able to do this together; but I'll try! It is SO good that you both have a built-in support within each other, too. You're most likely to stick with something if you like it, and if you have another entheusistic person to work with. Keep it up! Also, I know first hand that Morgan-Baby is a healthy little girl. You feed her well, and she is growing wonderfully. Eat like her and half the battle will be won!
All our love and support, Mom & Dad~
P.S. Dang! Here I go again: Enthusiastic is spelled like THIS! Not THAT way. Sorry, Mom~
Sounds like you and Mike are on the right track! Yes, eat like little Morgan Beebee and you'll see a lot of improvement!
~ Amy
Good job! Beach Body makes a pretty good product, so nice choice :) And way to have will power on the brownies - do you ever let Morgan bake or cook with you? I could do with some more healthy recipe ideas for cooking (non-meal items) with kids, since it's kinda fun to let them help..... Brainstorm!
Post a Comment