Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm Pregnant (yes, it's real) :p

Today I am 8 weeks along in my second pregnancy. We found out via two home pregnancy tests on July 1 and we confirmed it at the doctor this past Tuesday.

Pregnancy story:
I've been having such a frustrating time for the past month and a half or so because I'm still nursing our 9-month-old but it hasn't been going well at all. I tried everything I could to keep it up: getting plenty of rest, drinking lots of water, eating enough food, even feeding her every 1.5 to 2 hours, but I still felt like there was less and less milk. Nothing is more discouraging for a mother than not being able to feed her child. Mc suggested a few times, "Maybe you're pregnant," but I shrugged it off because I wasn't feeling sick or anything. But then near the end of June I did start to feel sick-- I just thought it was something I ate-- but Mc said again, "I bet you're pregnant." So I took two different home pregnancy tests and sure enough, they both were positive :)

So now that I know I'm pregnant, I'll actively start weaning Baby Girl off my milk, since my body's been trying to do that for a while now anyway. We got pictures of the ultrasound on Tuesday, but I will NOT post those. No one needs to see my uterus. ;-) On a side-note, fathers should not miss the first ultrasound. Not only do you get to hear the heartbeat, but it's really cool to see. The baby looks like a little kidney bean, but the cool part is that in the center there's a sparkling area, and that's the heart. It's pretty neat.
/Endpregnancystory

This pregnancy was planned in that we weren't doing anything to prevent it. My siblings and I are all close in age and I liked how close we were growing up. My mother daycares a little girl who only has one sibling and he is 6 years younger than her. They have nothing in common at all, and she's lonely; I didn't want that for my children. People have asked Mc, "So how many kids do you want?" and he always says, "How ever many my wife wants to have, since she's the one who has to go through pregnancy and labor." So how many do I want?...

Funny story. I used to want 4 kids. Then one summer we went to visit a friend whose parents have 12 kids. I saw all these little kids running around and I turned to Mc and said, "Two. I only want two." Some people LOVE kids and really would be happy with a dozen of their own. I am not one of those people... never have been, never will be. Everyone says "It's different with your own kids," and they're right. I love my little girl and I know I will love this next child just as much, but I think more than 3 or 4 kids would be too much. Although, my daughter is a pretty good child, all things considered, so at least she will be a breath of fresh air if the other(s) aren't as good. Look at that cutie. :)



In short:
8 weeks along; due date= Feb. 23 (my birthday!); we're not going to find out the sex of the baby before it's born; I feel sick; Mc is awesome.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Lisa, you are amazing. I don't know if I could have the stamina to nurse and be in my first trimester at the same time. Hopefully, Morgan will quickly wean so that you can get some of your energy back.

I totally agree with you, 12 kids would be WAY too many for me. I'm not sure how my mom handled all seven of us children. I think it takes a certain sort of woman to have and want gaggles of children.

You and Mike are obviously good parents. Your little girl is happy and healthy.

Marie said...

Thanks for all that good info about you! I agree...two kids! I'm already at four, but I think two of my own will be plenty. When I see women at the store with a whole gaggle of children I cringe and think, "Never!"

P.S. I wrote my comment before reading Becky's and it's funny that we both wrote "gaggle" as a description of too many children.

Kelly said...

Morgan is eating our frisbee! :)