Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Introduction

This is a blog about me, my husband (who I will call Mc), and our little daughter (who I will call Baby Girl). I'm also pregnant, so there will be one more in our midst in a few months (I will have nicknames for the people in my posts for privacy reasons, including our new baby when it comes).

We're rebels 'cause we like to do things our own way. I'm sure as the months go by you'll see what I mean... like Christmas, family pictures (tee hee), etc.

Mc's sisters have wanted him to get a blog for years 'cause they want to know how he's doing and stuff, but he's resisted. But the other day Mc suggested I start a blog because it might be a good way to get some things off my chest and to get people's advice about things, and to give more detailed updates to those who care. Facebook is okay for that sort of thing but it's not the same. So here we are :)

I'm calling our blog "Some Like it Hot" because it has a double meaning for me.  First, I like the movie "Some Like it Hot" with Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon, and Marilyn Monroe.  And second, we moved to Arizona a month and a half ago and we like it here, but it's reeeeally hot, like, above 100 degrees every day in the summer; the heat isn't for everyone, but many people have lived here all their lives and some like it hot, I guess (our air conditioner works and so I'm content).

Mc works less than 10 minutes from home which is awesome! And the people at work appreciate him and they value his judgment and opinions and experience, which is much better than his years in public accounting. I stay at home with our baby girl and I'm so glad that my hubby is both willing and able to provide for this little family by himself.

After I figure out how this whole blog thing works, I'll post more. :)

4 comments:

Mc said...

I love how delicately your fingers strike the keyboard as you post on your blog. rrrrRwowr!

Laura said...

Nice blog, Lisa! Are you really expecting, or are you just trying to trick Rob "again"? If so, congratulations!!!! That means your kids will have the same gap as Connor and Gwen! Fun times :) When are you due? Glad the AC is working! Are you guys all setlled into your place now?

That is so cool that Mike's work is only 10 min away. From his last comment, it sounds like someone turned him into a tiger - he could just leap/bound/stalk his way to work every day - no car needed!

Marie said...

Yeah for a blog! Now you need to post some more info about the fact that you are pregnant! Right now! Immediately!

Becky said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you are blogging. Us sisters really do want to know how you all are doing in Arizona. We miss you guys and blogging is an easy way to stay updated.

Mike, when did you become a cat?