Monday, July 20, 2015

New House

     Yesterday afternoon we got the keys to our new house!  :D

     The house itself was built in the early 1980's and so it's not new by any means, but it's in fantastic condition in a well-maintained neighborhood and it's the perfect size for our little family.  :)

     The process went incredibly smoothly.  I contacted the realtor on a Wednesday; on Thursday we went to see 5 houses and I found one that Mc and I really liked; Friday we put in an offer; and Saturday it was accepted.  Our credit is excellent and so getting the loan was a breeze.  The only problem with the whole process was at the very end with some of the paperwork.

     We got the inspection report and there were a few things we wanted the seller to address about the house.  They were in the process of trying to move overseas and they were having visa issues, and so the list of things we asked them to do was too stressful for them.  So they offered to reduce the asking price of the house by $1,000 and leave the washer and dryer for us, and in exchange we would take care of the inspection report stuff ourselves; we agreed and all of us signed the required addendum.  But two days before we were supposed to close on the house, Mc and I were signing documents at the title company and we noticed that the asking price of the house hadn't been reduced by $1,000, which made the asking price and a bunch of other numbers wrong.  So over the next two days everyone was scrambling to get the correction made and to get all the documents right.  On the day of closing they were still getting paperwork done as we were sitting there in the office, but we got everything squared away just in time, and as of last Friday afternoon we're homeowners!  (The seller needed to stay in the house for two extra days which is why we didn't get the keys until yesterday).

    


     I'm very happy with our new house.  It's a good size for us, the inside of the house has character, and the backyard is big enough for the kids to play in but not so big that we can't maintain it ourselves.  And they left us some yard tools, too!  It's also only a couple of cities away from our current apartment, so we're already slightly familiar with the area.

     Our move date is this Saturday, and so I'll post a few pictures sometime next week when we've gotten moved in and unpacked.  The kids are still in California with my parents, so the unpacking process should go quickly (thanks, Mom and Dad!).

     And now that we've officially closed on the house, time to start officially packing!  (I'm procrastinating by writing this blog post).  ;)

3 comments:

Marie said...

The house looks great! I can't wait to see pictures of the inside! Congrats!

Laura said...

Wow! Great house! S0 glad that things went fairly smoothly and that your paperwork stuff was resolved. Good luck with the moving this weekend. Can't wait for more pictures. I so enjoyed your visit with us last month. We love you.

Anonymous said...

I like the house girly!

~Stacy