Sunday, June 14, 2015

Pictures of Our Family

     I don't like posting pictures of us very much because I like to keep my kids off of the internet, you know what I mean?  But since it's mostly family that reads this, I figured it was time for some recent pictures.  :)

Baby Girl

 Baby Girl is our little gamer.  She currently enjoys Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 because it's a sandbox game where you can run around and do whatever you want.  She likes tying up the bad guys in the web stuff and running across town with them to throw them in the water.  And she thinks Spider-Man is really funny.

 Lately she's been building cities with the Legos. I like what she designs, it looks cool.

 Face paint at Little One's end-of-year school celebration.  She wanted a fish, so she got a fish.

There was a lady there dressed as Winnie the Pooh who was reading books to the kids.  When we walked by there were no other kids there, so we sat down and Baby Girl wanted to read her a story.
Oh yeah, she can read now.  Very well, too.


 Little One

 Little One has finally become interested in what's on the pages of books rather than just the feel of the pages as he flips them.  He likes to go through simple books before bed, which is great!
 

His class was growing bean seeds, and the seeds just got big enough to take home.

At his school celebration he got a hungry caterpillar.  I think he would've been happier with a bunny because he loves the bunnies that we see around our apartment in the mornings on the way to the school bus, but the lady didn't hear me when I asked for one, and hungry caterpillar suits him, too.

 This was Friday at his school, second-to-last day.  All the kids in his class got a certificate and the teacher said nice things about them.  He is an active kid and he loves to do the hand motions to the songs they sing.  His speech is coming along very well and he loves school and he's always happy to be there.

 Mc

 This is Mc's hair after growing it out for 9 months; the longest strands were 8" long.
Doesn't he look awesome?!

I love it!!
He had to cut his hair for an interview so it's short now, but it was fantastic while it lasted.  :)

This is a hairstyle I like to call The Geralt (named after a book & video game character we know of).

And this is him now.


 Me

     Yeah, you don't get a picture of me.  ;)  I have gained a lot of weight lately and I feel ugly.  However, I recently acquired this jewelry from the silent auction at the auction-fundraiser for Baby Girl's school, and I feel that this represents me well enough.

The bracelet came like this with a little boy and girl just like my kids, and I thought that was cute.

It also came with a necklace-locket, which was empty at the time but had the red jewel attached to it.
(pictured below)
I didn't know what it was when I bid for it along with the bracelet, I just though they were pretty.  It was only afterward when I got the catalog with the jewelry that I found out it's from Origami Owl, which I found out is a custom jewelry company where the charms you can order are super-tiny and they fit into a necklace, bracelet, or even I.D. badge locket.  Apparently these are fairly popular right now, and at first I dismissed the idea of getting charms for the necklace because I thought it was pretty as it was and I don't like going with the crowd.  But after thinking about it some more, I liked the idea of subtly expressing personal things about me... and it's cheaper and less permanent and far less painful than a tattoo, which I had briefly considered getting a few months ago.  ;)  So I looked through the catalog and chose the charms that best represented who I am.

This is me:
(And if they come out with a man and woman dancing together, I'll add that charm as well.)

     Well, that's our little family.  We're all healthy and doing well.

     Little One's last day of school is this Tuesday, and Baby Girl's last day is this Friday.  To tell you the truth, I'm glad school will be out because that means Little One and I can sleep in!  Neither of us are "morning people", and I have to wake up at 6:00 every morning and wake him up at 6:30 to get him to the bus on time.  It's been a difficult few months because of that, and we both need our sleep.

     Mc's side of the family is having a family reunion at the end of this month which we're all excited about, and then the kids are going to spend all of July at my parents' house!  They love being at Grandma and Grandpa's house, and I have a long list of projects I want to do around the apartment while the kids are gone, and some fun things in Seattle with Mc on the weekends, too.  I think it'll be a fun summer for everyone.  :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Holy cripes...Mike's hair. The hair! I must say...my hair is better than his, but that's just what needs to be said. Love the pictures of the kiddos! I think Mike's hair looks better short, can't lie. I like the necklace and bracelet, cute play on the charm bracelet. Can't wait to see you guys next week!

Laura said...

I am calling his long hair the "Ninja Look." I have to say I prefer the short hair look too. Maybe that is just because to me, he will always be my little "Bunny Boy, Frog Boy and Mcnugget."
Great pictures of the kids. They are growing so fast. I can't wait to see them next week.
Love the charm bracelet and necklace! I think it is a great way to express a little bit of who you are with the charms that are meaningful to you and remind you of the things that are dear to you. They are beautiful.
So excited to have all of you here next week.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, Lisa! Thanks for posting them! I also prefer Mike's hair short, but it's fun to try new things for awhile. Looking forward to seeing all of you later this month too!
Love, Mom~

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates on everyone! It's good to see pictures :)

~Amy