Saturday, May 9, 2015

Sick Again

     I really could just copy and paste last month's post here, because the kids and I have been sick again with another cold for over a week.  And this one hit us hard; fever, runny noses and lots of coughing and a hard time sleeping because of it.

     I'm really fed up with being sick.  It seems like we're sick for a week and a half, we're better for about three weeks, and then we're sick again for another week and a half.  Both kids have missed so much school because of it, and I've been home with them 24/7.  I would love a break, but because my body is able to hold out for a few days once the kids get sick, then I'm the last one to get sick but also the last one to get better.  Luckily Mc managed not to get sick this time, but even his super strong immune system has been hit more often here than anywhere else we've lived.

What really bothers me is when we miss events because of it.

     There was a fundraiser auction for Baby Girl's school last weekend that we've known about since the beginning of the school year.  Both kids were sick and so we couldn't have a babysitter come over, so Mc stayed home with them and I went by myself.  I met a nice couple at my table and we chatted throughout the evening, but I would've rather had Mc there with me and made a date out of it.  Plus it would have made the live auction part more entertaining for the other parents, to see him sweating over me bidding up a lamp that Baby Girl's class made for the auction, hehe.  :)  Here's the lamp:


     I bid that thing up to $600 and then had to yield to the other woman who wanted it because I couldn't justify anything higher than that (it's an absolutely ridiculous price for a lamp, of course, but all the money is going to the school which I'm happy to support, and Baby Girl would've loved it in her room).  It was an exciting moment there, but I think Mc's reaction would've made it even better.  ;)

     And then this past Tuesday there was a concert at her school that we all missed.  The kids have songs they've learned throughout the year and all the classes were singing what they learned.  Baby Girl was still sick and so she missed the concert and we missed seeing her in it.  I felt really sad about that; I wanted to see her sing with her class.

     Well, the kids are almost better and I should be better in about two or three days.  I'm just really ready for this cold to be over so we can get back to our routines!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Cute lamp...but %600? That is some fundraiser. Sorry that you are sick. Bill and I were sick through most of April right after we moved. I had been healthy all year until that hit me. I'm hoping that June will bring good weather and wellness. Hopefully for you too.