So ever since we moved here I've wanted them gone. The previous owners might not have had kids or pets to worry about, but we do. Too many of the branches were too thick for the hedge clippers, so we needed something more powerful. We talked about hiring a landscaping company to come out here and take care of them for us, but that would cost at least $600, and that wasn't even removing the whole bush, that's just lopping them off at the fence line. Taking them down to the root would have cost even more money. I said to Mc, "I could do that for a whole lot less money!" so I went to Home Depot and bought a chainsaw for $100.
I will admit, that was about 8 months ago... I've never used one before and I know they're dangerous and I was nervous about it. But two weeks ago I finally channeled my inner motorcycle chick and got up the courage to just get out there and work that machine! I got the safety gear and the proper clothing and I went at it.
And it was fun! :)
Here's what they used to look like:
And here's what they look like now! CHOP!
The oleanders in the far left corner over there were about 12 feet high, it was crazy! The one left standing on the left is actually a citrus tree. Now that the oleanders surrounding it are cut way back, it'll finally get some sun. Chainsaws = Awesome! They're so much faster than using the hedge clippers, and the whole job was done in a few hours (and for about a tenth of the cost that a landscaper would have charged). Plus, all that power in my hands!... I can see why guys love power tools. ;)
1 comment:
I kinda like how the backyard used to look. It looks really bare now :( Are you guys considering planting other things to replace them?
~Amy
Post a Comment