**No Spoilers**
So I'm a week or two late in posting about "The Hobbit", but better late than never.
I liked the movie. I'm not sorry I read the book before seeing the movie because I was able to appreciate that the movie was about 85% completely accurate to the book. They added some things, of course, but that's to be expected. The nice thing was that so far they've left out nothing, which is how it should be for a 3-hour movie that covers 99 pages of a stand-alone book.
And Arwen wasn't in it! :)
The only downside to seeing the movie right after reading the book was that as I watched the movie I kept thinking about what SHOULD happen next. I was pleasantly surprised when what should have happened next did indeed happen next, but all that thinking + trying to watch and enjoy the movie... I ended up with a headache by the end of the movie, lol! :) Still though, I'm glad I read the book first because it gave me an appreciation for the work they put into the movie and how they tried very hard to stay true to the book.
I really don't want to get my hopes up for the other two movies because I don't want to be disappointed, but I do think they will do a good job with the other two movies, and I will definitely go to see them. And I'm sure I'll brush up on the book before each movie, too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment