Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thoughts about the Presidential Debates

So apparently there was a Presidential debate last night.  *shrug*  Here's the thing: both Obama and Romney suck.  I will not vote for "the lesser of two evils"  just so the other guy won't win.  And I have a husband and kids and video games that are much more important than watching a debate between two guys who I will never vote for.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Agreed! And, unfortunately, I live in Utah, so my vote does not count for that much because my state always goes the same way. If only I were in one of those swing states.

Sarah said...

We're in a swing state...but I don't want to go through the trouble of changing my license before elections and all. Mark wants me to though. He's adamant about voting.

Laura said...

I agree with Mark. This is a pivotal election. What happens in the next 4 years could have an even more devasting effect on our economy and families' lives.

Apathy of good people has allowed those who want to "fundamentally change" America into Europe and bigger federal government free reign. In the last 4 years, they have succeeded in socializing our healthcare, sent our national debt skyrocketing and crippled the development of our own resources, all of which has had a devastating effect on our economy. I don't see Romney as the lesser of two evils. I see him as the "hope and change" we were promised 4 years ago to get us back on track to what America was founded on...freedom, smaller government and getting us back to our constitutional roots.

Don't be deceived by the rhetoric of those who never take responsiblity for their own failures but are so adept at blaming others, and experts in diverting attention from the issues that really matter.

Use your constitutional right to vote for whomever you choose to lead this country, but DO vote. Your senate and congressional choices will also make a big difference in the next 4 years.

OK, I have said my peace. Sorry if am passionate about how I feel, but we live in a time where we can't sit by and do nothing. We should stand for what we believe in. I am trying to. I hope that my kids will too.

Lisa D said...

Mike and I will definitely be voting... it just won't be for Obama or Romney. ;)

Anonymous said...

Well, there is always Obi Wan & Yoda, or you can always add a name, like your cousins who voted for your dad 4 years ago! Hee hee! (I was in favor of the Jedi rule and reign. Oh well.)
Mom~

Marie said...

Why wouldn't you want the lesser of two evils? I certainly wouldn't help the greater of two evils continue to run our country by throwing away my vote or not voting.