Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Little One's 5th Birthday

     Yesterday was Little One's 5th birthday!  Actually he's not so little for a 5-year-old; he's already wearing size 7 clothing.  I'll add his stats and percentages to this post when he goes for his well-visit.

The first exciting thing happened last Thursday: he lost his first baby tooth!
     We put his tooth in the little tooth pouch and put it under his pillow; and I left him a quarter in its place.  We've told the kids that the Tooth Fairy isn't real---that I'm the tooth fairy--- but this is still fun for them and we'll do it for all of their teeth.

* * * * * And now for his birthday * * * * *

     We made his birthday celebration last a few days because Monday wouldn't work for everything.  So Saturday afternoon we went to Olive Garden for his birthday lunch (I forgot my camera).  He loves the bread sticks and the broccoli, so we had plenty of both.

     On Sunday we had his cake.  He wanted a brownie cake with rainbow fruit on top, so that's what I made.  I feel like I gained 5 pounds just looking at it.  ;)

(One note on the cake: it's really rich with two layers of brownie;
if you're tempted to make this, then make only one brownie layer)

     And then yesterday on his birthday he woke up to this!

     It snowed a few inches overnight, so school was cancelled for the day.  So he got to spend the day here at home playing games and playing with Baby Girl.  We had a good time.

And then that evening he opened his presents.




     A few puzzle games, Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii, a fun bubble machine, some new clothes (he's growing out of his clothes so quickly!) and a card from Grandma & Grandpa and Nana & Pappy.  Oh, and a desk for his room is on its way from Grandma.

     All in all, this was a good birthday for him.

     I love my little boy.  He's tall, he's physically active, he's competitive, he loves playing with friends at school and with his sister, and he's protective of his sister, too.  His verbal skills have gotten SO much better over the past year, and he'll be ready for regular kindergarten next year!

     Happy birthday, sweet boy.  ♡

4 comments:

Marie said...

Cute pictures! He looks so happy! And that looks like a yummy cake!

Laura said...

Finally looked at all the blogs. Love the pictures of Jesse! I can't believe how old he looks. He really is growing so fast. That cake looks like it is to die for...and it's beautiful too. So glad Jesse had a wonderful birthday.

Unknown said...

What a fun birthday! It sounds like you all had a great couple of days to celebrate him!
~Stacy

Anonymous said...

Miss you all! It looks like his birthday was fun. And great choice for his birthday cake :)
~Amy