My sister and my mom came up for his birthday and stayed for about 5 days, and that was nice for all of us.
Pictures!
Baby Girl showing my sister the story she wrote. Little One making a silly face at the camera.
For his birthday we went to the Children's Museum. It was a nice day so we got to play on the rooftop playground. He made a friend.
The air current area is one of their favorite areas in the museum.
Train area. And my sister.
The farm area is one of their new favorite areas. There's a life-sized cow in a barn . . .
. . . and an egg area, where you can move the tubes to make the ball go different paths. It's right next to the water area, which we haven't been doing lately, mostly because it's winter and it's cold outside.
Later that afternoon we had dinner at Red Robin, and he got his free ice cream sundae.
Cake time!
He requested an ice cream cake, so that's what we got him. It was pretty tasty.
Presents! Lots of clothes for his birthday because he's growing so fast. He's in size 6 now.
A fun stuffed animal from my sister.
My sister and the kids. They're watching a compilation video of cats being scared by cucumbers. I think it's mean to intentionally scare an animal, but the kids loved the video, it had them cracking up. At least they're not trying to do that with our cat, and I do like hearing the kids laugh.
Their first swimming class! We signed them up for an 8-session class through the city's recreation center so they can learn to swim. My mom and sister stayed an extra day so they could watch them swim for the first time.
They didn't hesitate to get in the water, and they warmed up to the teacher pretty quickly. He's great with kids and he's very patient as well, which unfortunately is needed with Little One and another kid in the class.
Learning to blow bubbles in the water.
Alligator Crawl
I'm so glad that my kids love the water. We're still working on getting their faces in the water, and I'm practicing with them at home on our off-days, but at least we don't have to work past a fear of water.
I paid for 15 minutes of free-play in another pool after each class. That's a lot of fun for them.
My mom, sister, and the kids.
Having my family here was great. I got to rest and rejuvenate a bit; my mom helped me with housework, and my sister played with the kids a lot. Little One had a great birthday, and we all enjoyed having my mom and sister here.
2 comments:
So glad the kids are learning to swim. I was in college before I learned, which gave me a lot of time to develop a fear of water. So I am glad they enjoy water and swimming. Jesse looks older than 4 yrs. I can't believe how quickly the kids are growing. They are so beautiful.
It was great getting to visit, thank you for having us! I like all the pictures you put up <3
~Amy
Post a Comment