(Lots of pictures)
My sister came into town on Wednesday, and the day she got here they made a fort.
Lots of fun. :) Wow, Baby Girl really needed her bangs trimmed. I did it later that night, but now I can see just how long they'd gotten, haha. ;)
My parents got here Friday night, and the kids were happy to see them.
Enjoying pomegranate seeds (with trimmed bangs).
Mc and I decided to take everyone to the children's museum for her birthday activity. It's been months since we've been there, mostly because whenever we took the kids there last year the kids always got sick. But Baby Girl is homeschooled now, so if she gets sick she'll be home anyway and I can take care of her. We made sure to rub their hands with Purell before we went into the playing area and again right before we left, and that seems to have helped; everyone is healthy today.
This is the air blowing machine.
The front end of a bus.
This is my favorite part of the children's museum: the rooftop playground. It's quieter than inside and the fresh air is wonderful.
This is the excavation site. Stego says hi.
Mc provided us with some ambient music. It was nice. :)
Digging didn't go so well because she doesn't have good balance, but she still liked it. It's great for practicing coordination.
Huge checkers board. She helped put the pieces in place but then she wasn't interested much in playing; maybe when she's older.
The front of an airplane. She waited patiently for her turn.
This is by far our kids' favorite area: the water area. They spent the whole last hour in here.
This pump is cool. You pump the water into the big tube, pull the chain, and the water shoots up into that smaller tube with the colorful balls and the balls go flying out of the top. The pumping is hard to do but Baby Girl and that little girl pulled the chain together.
Mc and Little One like this area. Mc had a pretty intricate pipeline system going there.
Birthday dinner was at Red Robin. This is me and Baby Girl while we waited for our table.
Unlike last year, I remembered my camera this time, so I got pictures of this moment! The whole dinner she was looking forward to her ice cream sunday, but she loved the singing part the best.
Deliciousness.
Birthday presents and cards!
This year Baby Girl didn't want a pumpkin pie-- she wanted a cherry cake with chocolate frosting. So I altered cake and frosting recipes that my father gave me years ago. The cake turned out well, but I see what I could have done to make the frosting more cholocatey. Next time I'll do better. Still tasted good.
(btw, Mc is gently holding Little One back because he blew out two of the candles as soon as I placed the cake on the table. We had to relight them and then hold him back so Baby Girl could do it).
Reading cards. Nana and Pappy sent her a card as well, and it made her happy. :) Thank you. :)
Presents! Little One was happy about this one because we already have one jump rope, and now we have another one so they each can jump at the same time. We gave him a few presents as well so he wouldn't feel left out (and so we wouldn't have to constantly tell him not to open hers).
She was loud and excited as she opened up her presents, but when she saw what this one was, she was very gentle as she whispered, "Oh, it's my Number 5 Girl!"
My family.
Felt tic-tac-toe games from my sister. The kids love them!
Our kids play well together.
Here are her girls so far.
I'm going to paint their hair dark brown so they'll look more like Baby Girl. ;)
This afternoon after they all got back from church, Baby Girl wanted to do the watercolor painting that I got her for her birthday. She loves coloring and paining and drawing, so I want to give her many opportunities to do so.
Here's one of the ten or so pictures she's painted today.
I love my Baby Girl. She's sweet, she's caring, she's outgoing and friendly, she's very smart and has an excellent memory, and she's creative. She had a wonderful time on her birthday and we're all glad that my parents and sister were able to fly up here for it. I think this will be a good year. Happy Birthday, my sweet Baby Girl!
5 comments:
Your kids just keep getting cuter and cuter! Looks like a fun birthday! I can't believe our oldest kids are 5 years old already!
Oh I'm so glad Morgan had such a wonderful 5th birthday. She is growing up so fast and she is so beautiful. Glad your parents and your sister could be a part of the celebration. Good idea to have a few presents for Jesse. Younger siblings don't always understand why they don't get to open presents too. Mike looked like he was having as much fun at the Children's Museum as the kids. LOL. He will always be my frog boy.
Thank you for posting so many pictures of her birthday!! Maybe in 2019 when her birthday is on Thursday, and my baby's is on Sunday we can go to one of our houses (or Mom's) and have a big combined birthday party for them. I'm sure that would be a great present for Mom and Dad's birthdays as well :-D
~Stacy
What great pictures! Thanks for posting them. Even though I was there, it is fun to see things from YOUR perspective! We had a good time too and were glad to be able to make the trip. We love you all!
Mom~
P.S. I really like Stacy's idea!!
Mom~
Post a Comment