Today was Little One's first day of school. And since I'm homeschooling Baby Girl, then today was her first day of school as well. :)
Here's Little One before we left for school.
We actually missed the school bus this morning. He takes a long time to get out of bed in the morning. I thought that the cat walking into his room and today being his first day of school and of riding the bus would be exciting enough to get him out of bed, but nope, he smiled and then rolled over and went right back to sleep. So yeah, we missed the bus. I'll have to wake him up earlier tomorrow.
Baby Girl was excited to start our school today. This week we're working on a story book that she and my sister started when my sister was here for a week. The two of them played a make-believe game outside in the back yard, and they had a lot of fun. Baby Girl started writing and illustrating little books at my parents' house, and she loves doing it here, too. So I thought of having her write down this story in one of her books. They started that while my sister was here but they didn't finish, and so I want to take this week to finish their progress in their story so far.
She likes working on the floor, but I'll have to see if a table and chair would work better for her. I'm wondering if the floor will be enough (since she likes to move around when she's working and the floor is certainly conducive to that) or if I should buy a few furniture pieces to turn this area into more of a classroom setting. We'll see; I'll experiment.
With Little One not around, Obsidian feels safer and so he came downstairs to check out what we were doing.
And then he fell asleep on the cat bed sill thing I installed downstairs for him.
This afternoon after Little One got home and Quiet Time was over, Baby Girl wanted to ride their tricycles in the garage, so I said sure. This is a great way to let them get some exercise on those rainy days (and the kids are still small enough that a mostly-empty two-car garage is big enough to play in).
We had a good day today. Little One liked school and the bus, and Baby Girl is excited to learn things and have school with me. I'll start off next Monday with a more set schedule that will include visiting places like the library and the beach, and I'll have her start doing some workbook stuff, too. This feels totally doable, and I think we'll all have fun and learn lots, too.
4 comments:
Oh my goodness, the kids look so grown up! How fun and exciting for them to start school. Keep us posted on how they are doing.
Thanks for sharing their school stuff! I'm glad you two have continued to write and illustrate in the book! Can't wait to see it next month! And the schedule you've created is totally do-able! Good luck with it!
~Amy
It all sounds great! I hope you will continue to find that this arrangement is doable, and at this point really the best thing for her.
All the best! Mom~
P.S. Thanks for the pictures!!!!
Post a Comment