Nothing really eventful is going on right now, just getting used to life up here.
* The kids are still in California with my parents. Back in Arizona I had let myself get completely overwhelmed with motherhood and
housework and everything, and so I'm taking this time away from the kids to help
me reset and recharge and reevaluate how I'm handling situations and
stress and life in general. Mc and I miss them a lot and we're really looking forward to when they'll be here with us; I feel that in a couple more weeks I'll be ready. I'm so grateful to my parents for helping me with the kids during this time.
* I went to my first Ex-Mormon meetup group activity last week: we went
hiking up one of the mountains around here. The hike was a little
difficult because I'm out of shape, but it was refreshing to be able to
talk to people face to face about leaving the church. It was quite
therapeutic, and the fresh air and trees and being in nature were good
for me, too. And I made it to the top of the mountain!
* I've decided that I prefer apartment-living to homeownership. Here in our apartment I feel like I'm part of a community, and I like that feeling. If we decide to move sometime in the future it'll likely be to another apartment complex or townhouse-- and it will be closer to Mc's work, not farther-- but so far this apartment is working for us and I can see it working for us for a while. There are some things I wish we could do to an apartment like have walls and ceilings made of very sturdy glass (I'm rather fanatical when it comes to natural light in the house), but customization like that will probably never happen. ;) Still, for me the feeling of community is more important than being able to customize a house to my every liking.
* I'm ready to make new friends. Reconnecting with people on Facebook has been wonderful, but social media sites are poor substitutes for in-person interaction and friendships. I'm genuinely interested in getting to know other people, but it's hard for me to open up and let people get to know me and to make friends. But I'm up for a change and so Mc will find young couples in his ward who live around here and see if they're up for hanging out sometime (and the fact that they'll be Mormon doesn't bother me in the slightest). ;)
So yeah, nothing truly eventful going on, but life is good out here and it's much better for me now than it was back in Arizona. And when the kids get up here I'll be a much better mommy than I have been up until now.
No comments:
Post a Comment