Saturday, December 3, 2011

Ugh

For a while now I've been okay with how my body looks; I know I'm overweight but I decided not to let it bother me until after I'm done nursing our second baby. I try to do my hair nicely and wear clothes that fit me well, and in general I'm okay with my appearance. Until today.

This afternoon we had a rubber ducky race at our apartment complex's pool for a charity event, and at the pool there was a gal with her boyfriend in the hot tub, and she was in a skimpy red bikini which she flaunted when she got out of the tub for the race. Apparently nothing will make my confidence plummet like standing next to a girl who looks good in her bikini. I'm big and I'm pregnant and I know there's nothing about that that's attractive, and I'm also fairly emotional and irrational, and hence I've been in a slump ever since this afternoon. Since becoming pregnant it's harder for me to come out of a bad mood, and I think this encounter is going to bother me for a long time. :(

8 comments:

Marie said...

She was there with her boyfriend....well you have a HUSBAND and beeeeautiful daughter and another gorgeous baby on the way. She's got nothin' on you.

Lisa D said...

Thanks, Marie. :)

Sarah said...

Being preggo = confidence mood swings. It's no fun feeling like your body is this weird thing, but I agree with Marie. I could be a voluptuous and unhappy single woman, or I could have my awesome husband, cute baby on the way, and messed up preggo body. Trust me, if the busty bikini babe knew anything at all, she'd be so mad with jealousy of YOU and YOUR LIFE. Has her body ever brought human life into the world? Doubt it! Preggos rule!

Laura said...

I totally agree with Sarah and Marie. You have everything over her. Even though we get to go through the emotional roller coaster when we are pregnant, it's all temporary. What you do have that's permanent is a wonderful husband, good marriage and beautiful adorable children. And you are in partnership with Heavenly Father to provide a physical body for his spirit children. It is all worth it!

Becky said...

Your body creates life! Your body is amazing! What could be more amazing than being able to create a baby with your body? Plus, you have an amazing husband who loves you and thinks you are sexy and attractive.

Pregnancy messes with your emotions, your hormones, and your mind. You can't trust your own perceptions. Listen to Mike, he will tell you the truth, that is what we Derington's do.

Mc said...

Technically, you're not a Derington anymore, Becky.

Lisa D said...

None of your sisters are. But they are kind and encouraging nonetheless. Thank you, ladies; you have helped me feel better.

Laura said...

Wow! I feel better now, too :D Just reading these wonderfully wise words of womanly wisdom made my day THAT much better. Thanks for being willing to share, Lisa, and thanks to ALL you fantabulous ladies! Glad I know you!